Sunday, June 08, 2008

More Evelyn

We don't have much to report--we were very grateful for the arrival of the weekend and Dan's full time presence at home. This meant that Andrew was finally able to get out of the house and go to the park, and that I was able to get a little more sleep.

Andrew and I stayed home from church today with Evelyn (I got to go to Sacrament meeting last week--this week was Dan's turn). Since we're trying to cut down on Evelyn's contact with germs, we've decided to keep Andrew out of nursery for a couple more weeks. I don't think Andrew enjoys this much, as nursery is undoubtedly his favorite part of church. In Dan's absence, I tried to have a mini-lesson with Andrew on Jesus and some of the things he did for us--and while I had a few tender moments, Andrew seemed mostly bored. Oh well, some day . . .
Tonight, after I finished nursing Evelyn (and while Dan was putting Andrew down for a nap), Evelyn seemed unusually alert (usually she's pretty much passed out on milk when she's done eating), so I tried staging a photo shoot of sorts. Apparently, I'm not a very good photographer (for one thing, I haven't figured out how to turn the flash off, and we've had the camera for five months). I certainly can't blame the subject, since she's pretty cute (for a newborn).







While there's undoubtedly a family resemblance between Evelyn and Andrew, she's also starting to become her own little person. Just for fun (and nostalgia's sake), I've included some shots of Andrew at about the same age, so you can better see the similarities (and the differences). I loved the little reindeer costume we got for Andrew (totally frivolous, of course), even if Dan was disgusted by it (and took a rather perverse pleasure in Andrew's clear disapproval of the costume).


Finally, more evidence of an afternoon well-spent, although I don't think Andrew's going to be recruited by any professional soccer teams any time soon. He's got the concept of kicking down okay, but he needs to review some of the rules (no hands?) and work on his attention span.

1 comment:

Heather M said...

Love the pictures of Evelyn, she is adorable. I can see the Collings in her. :)

I love the video of Andrew. His attention span is similar to my little angel.