Monday, March 26, 2007

And the numbers are in . . .

(And no, I'm not talking about the NCAA basketball tournament. You don't think I actually follow that, do you?). Andrew had his 15 month doctor's appointment today. Apparently, the boy is going through some sort of growth-spurt! About three weeks or so ago, we had to take Andrew to the doctor's because of stomach flu issues, and he weighed in at 24 lbs 10 oz. Today, he weighed in at 26 lbs 9 oz--clearly, he has been making up for lost time. He's also grown two inches since his appointment in January, as he is now 33 inches (for the record, that means he is also more than half my height!), and his head circumference is 49.4 cm. This puts him in the 95th percentile for height and head circumference, and the 75th percentile for weight. The doctor pronounced him to be in excellent health.

On an unrelated note, I had an almost embarassing moment this morning. Dan told me that our landlady had called on Friday to say that she would be bringing some people by to view our apartment today, although she hadn't said what time. I assumed sometime in the afternoon. So this morning, when Andrew went down for his nap, I decided to take one too (I don't usually do this, but I was feeling pretty exhausted). Anyway, I woke up around 10 a.m. and could hear Andrew stirring in his room. I got up and opened the bedroom door into the hallway--into the surprised faces of our landlady and a couple she was showing around our apartment! Imagine what would have happened if they had been only a minute or two sooner . . .

5 comments:

Jenilyn Collings said...

Emi says that she doesn't mind being so much smaller than Andrew---she's cute enough to make up for it. Besides, her brother will protect her from Andrew if she needs it. (We won't mention the fact that Jacob is still terrified of Andrew...)

Rosalyn said...

Just out of curiousity, why is Jacob terrified of Andrew?

Justin said...

No one who knows anything about basketball ever says anything remotely close to "And the numbers are in . . ." to talk about the game s/he loves.

Justin said...

Everyone's afraid of Andrew because he walks like a zombie and breathes like a tank.

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.