Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday

I wish I could say that this has been a quiet and contemplative week for us. Unfortunately, although it has been quiet, it has not been as contemplative. (Mostly, I think we've been contemplating the insides of our eyelids). Although we enjoyed General Conference (as much as you can with a toddler climbing on you), we've all been smitten to varying degrees with some sort of insidious cold. Today, I think all three of us spent the time between conference sessions sleeping!

Dan returned safely on Tuesday, for which we are grateful! (The most dangerous part of his trip was probably returning the rental car to the airport, as we drove through one of Pennsylvania's short, but intense, deluges of rain). Andrew was suitably excited to see his dad; he immediately got entangled in Dan's poster for the conference and then couldn't extricate himself.



Aside from Dan's return, and all of us getting sick, there isn't much of note to report this week. I played hookey Thursday night and went to the Relief Society dinner and service auction. It was nice to get out of the house and see many of my friends.

Dan and I have also been working our way through the recent BBC production of Charles Dickens' Bleak House (screenwriter Andrew Davies, of Pride and Prejudice and Wives and Daughters fame). We have thoroughly enjoyed it so far (we've seen five or six hours of the eight hour series), and would definitely recommend it to our Anglophile friends, particularly those who like a good period piece and/or Dickens. (Bubby, you know we mean you! Although Justin and Lia would probably enjoy it, too).

To make up for our lack of erudite and scintillating prose, we offer, instead, a smorgasbord of Andrew pictures. Feeding him often makes for photo-worthy shots. This week, Andrew has become a connoisseur of hummus, although I couldn't convince him to eat the crackers that were dipped in it as well. He insisted on sucking the hummus off the crackers and dropping the crackers, uneaten, to his tray. If I'd let him, he would have simply stuck his fingers in the container. (Although he certainly looks like he's tried to do just that in the photo below).





I'm not quite sure why I'm so fascinated with the little curls at the back of Andrew's head. Here, I tried to get a better shot than the one I posted last week.

Here's one of Andrew trying to shut himself in the cupboard.

What you can't tell in this picture is that Andrew actually has a little hat in his hands. He was trying, unsuccessfully, to put the hat on his head. I just liked the pose--he's got a nice contraposto thing going on.









Dan call's this last photo Andrew's superstar pose. We'd like you all to appreciate the jumpsuit I picked up at a yardsale that summer (Andrew could hardly keep the pants on, but he looks pretty snazzy).











No comments: