Sunday, May 07, 2017

Pictures

There isn't much to say about this week, other than  that 3/5 of us were sick (I've got a cold; O and A had strep). So I'm catching up on long overdue photos.

First time seeing my book in a real store (SG B&N--they even let me autograph it. It was funny, because I showed up before the store opened the day my book came out, and when I got in, they didn't have it on the shelves yet! But  kind employee went and found them for me and even had me sign them.)

 Some pictures from my cedar City launch party at Main Street Books.



Picture of *my* bulldog at Provo High--only  now it's on the wall in a glass case rather than on the floor of the gym. (From a class visit to PHS).

I tried hard to get a picture of the dress my mom made me (which I wore to the Provo Library launch, but was only semi-successful).
 At the Orem B&N.
 Book talk at the King's English.


Book talk and signing at Vroman's books, Pasadena, CA, with Jessica Cluess.


Oliver at an SUU Artsfusion workshop, making super-hero capes.

 With friends at their pirate book signing at Changing Hands, Phoenix, AZ. (I learned the hard way that there are TWO Changing hands stores--I'd gone to the one my signing was scheduled for the next night, and found that they were all the way across town. I still made it, though the light rail was a little sketchy.)

 
 Book signing at Changing Hands (Tempe, AZ) with Aprilynne Pike. My cousin Rachel Tolman came, along with my old roommate Carey Hord!


I spent some time that morning in the gorgeous arboretum in Tempe.

Back in UT, at an amazing new park in St George designed for all abilities of kids.

 Oliver REALLY liked the splash pad. We probably should have brought swim suits.



Back to CA--Universal Studios!

 Hogsmeade!
 Hogwarts!
 Minions!
 The kids' favorite part was using their fancy wands to "cast" spells around Hogsmeade.




Disneyland!










We splurged our last morning for a character breakfast.





 





Back home for a day, then off to Boston for a book signing with Heidi Heilig.

 I had a late flight the next day and wandered around Boston, including Little Italy where I had lunch at this little Sicilian sea food restaurant. I wasn't quite brave enough to order the black pasta (calamari ink!), but I did get haddock, so I'm learning to branch out.




No comments: