Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

This week has been a good one for our family.

Sarah and kids were in town for the early part of the week so we got to hang out with cousins (always a plus) and enjoy dinner at Bruno's.

On Wednesday, we divided and conquered: Dan (with Bubby, Poppy, Sarah and most of the kids) ran the pinewood derby for pack meeting (I hear a good time was had), while I was part of a panel on publishing at the university. It was fun to spend some time with friends and also share things we've learned about the process of publishing a book.

The best part of the week, of course, was the announcement early Friday that Dan had been awarded tenure! He has worked hard for this, and I am so proud of him. (Also relieved that we won't be looking for new work in the fall). We took the kids to the Market Grill that night to celebrate.

And then, of course, this weekend has been Easter so we've had a chance to reflect on our gratitude for the Savior and for the Season. Last night's women's conference was one of the best I've been to--I came away overwhelmed by the spirit and the message of love. (And if you missed the conference, you can check out the first video here: my brother's daughter Katharine plays the beautiful little girl with the doll. It was fun to see her on the big screen!)

Decorating eggs . . .



This morning, Dan made waffles, and then we watched a video together about the Savior's life. Impressions were mixed. Oliver thought it was scary. Andrew seemed pretty "meh" about it--he was waiting for the egg hunt! But Evelyn was profoundly moved. One out of three isn't bad.

The kids took approximately 1 minute to find all the eggs we'd put in the back yard, a bit longer to open them, and now they've already moved on. Still, I think everyone enjoyed the morning.

 



(Andrew actually was pleased. He just doesn't approve of pictures. Though he looks an awful lot like me when I went through my princess phase as a kid--I stopped smiling for pictures for a few years because I thought I was "regal." Really, I just look displeased.)




No comments: