Sunday, January 17, 2016

Into the Long Weekend

For the first full week of school, this week was okay. Dan survived his classes and his labs (though it's going to be a full semester). I don't *think* my students think I'm an idiot yet. And the kids are doing well.

We did have a few mishaps, including my backing out of the driveway into our neighbor's car--they were backing out at the same time, and neither of us remembered to look *behind* us (though I did scrupulously look both ways). The worst of it is, this is the second time my friend and I have done this. Luckily, no major damage and no one was hurt. But it was a lousy start to a Thursday.

Evelyn got to go with her dad to the gymnastics meet Friday night, and though SUU lost, she seemed to enjoy it. Andrew and I went running that night too, on a virtually deserted track. (I can't imagine why more people don't want to exercise on a Friday night . . . )

Saturday, Dan and Andrew spent the day on campus as part of the First Lego League competition: Andrew, with his team, and Dan as a judge. These kids have been spending a couple of hours every Wednesday working towards this, so I was proud of them for making it this far, even if they didn't win. Andrew came home grumpy as a thundercloud--I'm still not sure why. Maybe he was disappointed they didn't win? He seems happier about it now. (Photos courtesy of another team member's dad. We didn't make it until the end, because Oliver was napping. He has croup. Again.)





Looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Hope our readers are all happy and safe! (All three of you. ;) )

No comments: