Sunday, January 10, 2016

Back to the Grindstone

After two weeks of playing, Monday was a bit of a shock. The kids were back to school and Dan was back to work, and I spent all of Oliver's time at preschool trying to put my class together or finishing edits that are due in a week (on my birthday, no less!)

Gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do, piano, and scouts started again this week too, so we are definitely back into the thick of things. While it's nice to have some routine, I spent a lot of the week feeling like I was trying--and not always succeeding--to catch up.

But we've had a good week for all that. We had dinner at the Ninja on Wednesday to celebrate the start of the semester, classes seem to be going well for both Dan and me, and I didn't forget how to teach despite not having taught college kids since April. Andrew came with me to the track on Thursday morning and got to walk with both Bubby and Poppy, who were there (probably because it was snowing outside). We got the house marginally clean yesterday, the kids got to play with their friends, and we still had time to play Pandemic (Andrew's new favorite game) after dinner.

I have to admit, though, that I'm already looking forward to the long weekend!

No comments: