This past week involved a fair amount of tag-teaming as parents (or so it feels).
It was SEP week, which means two things: first, we meet with the kids' teachers. Although in this case the scheduling didn't quite work so I met with them by myself and tried to attend to the teachers while Andrew, Evelyn, and Oliver (mostly Oliver) terrorized the classroom. Both Evelyn and Andrew appear to be doing well in their classes--and both are reading above grade level, which makes me happy. Andrew's teacher said he was a "delight" (so glad he's better at school than at home!) and Evelyn's teacher laughed a little and said she "adored" Evelyn. I may be biased, but I totally get that. She's a funny kid.
Two, SEP week means I spend money at the book fair. At least some of the money goes to the school. Right?
I guess that should have been three things--for some reason, getting out of school an hour early totally throws me off.
We had lots of other stuff going on during the week: scouts, soccer, church stuff, writing stuff . . . and I can't even remember what else.
Thursday, for example: I'd volunteered to help make dinner for a sister in our ward who had hip surgery. Which was a nice idea--but I'd forgotten that Andrew had a soccer game at 5, Evelyn had soccer practice at 6, Dan had Roundtable for scouts at 7, and I had my writer's group at 8. Which made making dinner a trickier proposition than it should have been. I started the soup, took Andrew to his game, Dan came home and finished the soup and delivered it, I dropped Evelyn off, fed Andrew and Oliver, put Oliver to bed, Andrew went to the school to get Evelyn and Dan left for roundtable, fed Evelyn, and barely managed to get the house cleaned before writer's group. Whew. That makes me tired just remembering it.
Of course, it wasn't a perfectly scheduled week: I completely spaced my visiting teaching Monday morning even though I set up the appointment. (*Head-desk*). And this weekend, Dan went on a geology campout in Capitol Reef while I took the kids to my parents.
Dan enjoyed some lovely hikes; I enjoyed what I could hear of conference (luckily--or unluckily, as the case may be--my brother's kids were also at my parents' house for the weekend while my brother moved into his new house. They kept my kids busy, but they also made a lot of noise). I'm looking forward to reading the talks I missed.
What else? Oh--some good news. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment