Anyway.
This has been a good week for our family. Dan found out that his paper was accepted for publication on Wednesday and that he got accepted to a national workshop in Chicago this summer.
Evelyn lost her first tooth yesterday trying to open a fruitsnack package with her teeth. Another loose tooth is on the way. Funny to think that my sweet little girl is about to embark on the awkward child phase where their teeth are too big for their mouth. She told me this morning that she got *two* coins: one from the tooth fairy--and one from Andrew (who is apparently playing surrogate tooth fairy).
On Wednesday, while the kids were at a friend's house, Oliver and I had a playdate with our friends Charla and Miles (Oliver's birthday buddy--they were born the same day!). It was cute watching them--they're finally old enough to be aware of each other, though mostly that consisted of taking away whatever toy the other seemed interested in . . .
Our unusually mellow January ended with a blustery cold day and snowstorm Friday and Saturday. The kids enjoyed playing in the snow, building a snowman, making snow angels, etc. I think it may be their first successful independent (mostly independent) snowman assembly.
Oliver hasn't moved much beyond the flopping down by the snow and face-planting (and then eating the snow), but he appears to enjoy that too.
(And of course, being the good mom that I am, I took pictures of him eating snow instead of actually stopping him.)
Saturday, Evelyn and I had a mommy-daughter date to Frozen (of course! Evelyn has now seen it three times in the theater, and we've already pre-ordered what is clearly her new favorite movie). We went to the sing-along version, which was a lot of fun, even if there were only a handful of us in the theater. They print the words of the song onscreen, which Evelyn didn't need, but I certainly did (and realized I'd been hearing some of the lyrics wrong at home). There were a couple of songs where she didn't want to sing--I'm not sure if she was attacked by an unaccountable burst of shyness (she's never been shy before), or if she didn't like singing when I was singing . . . . Since I remember doing much the same to *my* mom growing up, I suppose it's just karma.
Later Saturday afternoon we took the kids sledding. It was freezing and the kids could only find one of our sleds (the other, apparently, is buried in the back yard under the snow. At least we got to make a good point about why you need to put the sleds away . . . ), but I think they still enjoyed themselves. Even Oliver got to go down the hill a couple of times--though he was mostly strapped into the baby sled and pulled down the mountain.
In our final news, we've been really enjoying Just Dance for the wii. (Okay, maybe I enjoy it because it's the only Wii game we have where I can actually win sometimes). We've been playing at night after Oliver goes to bed. Only last night, I must have overdone it, because today I have such a sore pectoralis muscle . . . I know, I know. You can stop laughing now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment