Sunday, August 25, 2013

Soccer games and summer rains

 This week was Andrew's first full week back to school and so far he seems to be enjoying it.

We've also entered into the soccer season, which means anywhere from 1-3 games a week, plus Andrew's practice. We all turned out to watch Evelyn play earlier this week (Tuesday, I think). She still bounces a little, but she's starting to figure out that running after the ball is more effective.

 Andrew and Oliver both have a hard time staying focused on watching the game. (Hard to tell who has  harder time, actually).


Two of Oliver's favorite things: camera and hair. Poor Dan.



Dan and I spent part of the week in meetings, but since I only teach part time, he attended far more of those than I did (university meetings, college meetings, department meetings). For the record, I'm looking forward to teaching again, but I am very glad that I still get to spend most of my time home with these two:


 Evelyn starts kindergarten this week (they start K late because of assessment stuff, where each kid gets to meet individually with the teacher before class starts). She got a new haircut on Saturday and now she's all ready to go.


We really don't have much to report this week--can you tell? We've had more rain the last few days, which means our garden is again out of control. And I've perfected a kind of veggie casserole (Dan's been calling it ratatouille but I'm not sure it's quite that) using eggplant, squash, zucchini, and tomatoes from our garden. I took some to a ward party on Thursday and it was nearly cleaned out. In related news, we had zucchini and eggplant lasagna for dinner on Friday.

Classes start for Dan tomorrow, and for me on Tuesday. We'll let you know how it goes next week. (Now if that isn't incentive to come back, I don't know what is!)

2 comments:

SRA said...

Good luck! Have fun! Make good choices! ;)

bluestocking mama said...

wow, I'm impressed with the zucchini and eggplant dishes. My kids (and husband) won't branch much off of the peas/green beans route