Sunday, February 03, 2013

Emerging

People are (knock on wood) finally feeling better at our house and we've even been able to get out a little as the weather has eased. I've loved being able to put Oliver in my wrap and take him for a walk. He just blinks at the world with those big eyes and snuggles next to me and we both enjoy it.

We don't really have a lot to report for this week--just more of the same. I thought I was supposed to teach today, so I prepared a lesson, only to find that one of the other leaders prepared as well so she taught. I'm trying to tell myself that this is okay--I got a lot out of the preparation, and I may be able to use some of it when I teach next week. Still, I wouldn't have spent quite so much time if I'd known I didn't need it.

Dan got release from the Elder's Quorum presidency today, which I think is primarily a relief for him. Since they made the old EQ president bishop, I think he was a little worried about getting called to step into his shoes. He would never refuse a calling, so I think he's glad to get a little reprieve.

At dinner tonight, we started talking about possibilities for Valentine's Day cards for Andrew to take to class. I'm not a fan of sending candy (they get plenty as it is), so we were trying to think of alternatives. I suggested dice, since Andrew has really loved his dice gift from Sarah. (Not sure if this is feasible cost-wise yet).

So, we brainstormed some slogans he could use with dice, like: "Take a chance on me, Valentine." "It's pair-o-dice with you, Valentine." "We make a great pair!"

We also rejected many slogans, including these two from Andrew: "Do you want to play with my dice?" and "You have a nice pair." I'm glad my sweet little boy doesn't yet realize that both these slogans sound potentially dirty.

Other rejects: "May the odds be ever in your favor" (funny, but maybe not for first graders). "Do you feel lucky? Do you?" "It's a crap shoot, but will you be my Valentine?" "Even though you're odd, . . . "


No comments: