Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another post--with pictures this time!

I have been woefully neglecting my duties as photo-editor for this blog. I can't actually remember the last time I posted with pictures. So, here are a few pictures of the kids from this past week (I can't help but notice how they don't look particularly well-groomed, or even clean, in some of the pictures. In my defense, the first two were taken right after lunch; I'm not sure what the excuse is for the last ones, except that Evelyn has been sick).

Andrew has recently come up with a new obsession: PBS Kids' show Wild Kratts

If you talk to him for more than a couple of minutes, he might start telling you something about "creature power suits" (he's also obsessed with their online games, which let you earn power suits that you can use to explore various ecosystems). He picked up the obsession from our across-the-street neighbor (and Andrew's best friend). Their preschool teacher tells me that they have been known to play "Wild Kratts" at preschool. Last week, Andrew came home with a pair of kangaroo ears, which I naively assumed were part of that week's theme ("Jump"). Apparently, though, they weren't. He and Ike had made them as part of their creature power suits. However, Andrew did make Evelyn her own pair, which I thought was frankly adorable, even if the ears wouldn't stay up.


This week, we also acquired a new member of our household: a (used) piano! We still need to get someone to come tune it, but as I've been wanting a piano pretty much since we acquired our house, I was (and am) pretty excited. This excitement hasn't noticeably dimmed even though my wholly untrained children insist on playing "songs" on the piano. Or, as Evelyn calls it, the "pi-piano." (Incidentally, this has been a month of major expenses--we recently bought a new mattress to replace the one on Andrew's bed and a twin mattress for Evelyn's part of the bunkbed--this was back when we were still thinking we might need to assemble said bunk bed this fall, in anticipation of three children. Good thing that our tax returns came in this month too.)


Finally, it seems like we might be making progress on the potty training front. Two days ago, she pooped in her potty (entirely of her own volition) two separate times. And she's managed to stay (mostly) dry in panties. Of course, things are temporarily on hold because Evelyn came down with a bad cold this weekend, but I've been having entrancing visions of a diaper free household in the not-too-distant future.

No comments: