We're getting to that point of the semester when I have increasingly less energy and enthusiasm for what I do. But hey, at least we're 2/3 of the way through, right? Really, though, I think I'm feeling a little run-down because I have a big project due this week and I'm not as far along as I'd hoped to be at this point. (eek! Okay, now I feel better.)
There's not much to report for this week. Our glorious sunny fall days seem to have been replaced by cloudy, wet, chilly days. These days bring their own kind of enjoyment (as long as I don't have to be outside for too long), but I'm kind of missing the warm days.
Yesterday, my neighbor and I took our kids to the Pumpkin Festival. We walked, which seemed like a good idea at the time, as it wasn't too far. I brought the stroller, thinking we'd need it on the way home. But then I spent most of the time pushing the stroller across the wet, muddy grass, trying to figure out why I'd thought this was a good idea. The kids seemed to enjoy the festival: they painted pumpkins, jumped in the bouncy house, had their faces painted (with what appears to be acrylic paint--it didn't come off well, even after some energetic scrubbing. Andrew still has some in his eyebrows), went pumpkin bowling, frosted cookies, and built some free projects courtesy of Home Depot. Unfortunately, this last involved hammers and nails, and trying to help two kids under 5 with their respective projects seriously challenged my ability to multitask, keep everyone safe (Evelyn wanted to help with the hammer, but since the table was about level with her head, this was a little challenging), and keep my cool. (Truth be told, there were some less than gracious moments in the process.) But we finished, and are now the proud owners of a bug catcher and a wooden boat. Whew.
Then, of course, the sky (which had been lowering all morning) started to open up. We decided we should head home, but we weren't excited to get caught in the rain, so I opted for the easy way out: I called Dan and made him come get us.
Then we spent the rest of the day working: Dan replaced the faucet in the bathroom (with one that the kids can actually use) and I worked on my project.
That was our weekend: how was yours?
1 comment:
Stake/regional conference for me this weekend. Saturday morning session yesterday morning (followed by the traditional pancake breakfast served by the high council), naptime, newspaper reading, trip to Target, football watching...then regional conference this morning, newspaper reading, naptime, and fireside tonight. :)
Post a Comment