Thursday, July 08, 2010

Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight?

The kids and I are leaving to go on vacation tomorrow (Dan has to teach, poor man!), so I'm not sure if I'll make my post this weekend or not. So, here's a little something to whet your appetite while we're gone.

The kids, looking fabulous in shades as they wait for the fourth (no, fifth) of July parade to begin. Our local parade might not have much in the way of floats (there were none), but they do have lots of people willing to throw stuff to the crowds, especially if you happen to be near the beginning of the parade route. In addition to candy, we got frisbees (3), an inflatable ball, t-shirts (3) and one free blizzard at DQ.


Evelyn had her 2-year-old wellness checkup this week. Her stats were as follows: height 36.5, 93 percentile (although I'm fairly positive this is wrong, since Evelyn wasn't tall enough for the 35" rides at Disneyland a month ago--I think the nurse took her measurements on an angle); weight 30 lbs (80th percentile--also a little misleading since Evelyn had her clothes and shoes on, as well as a wet diaper, poor kid). I don't remember the head circumference.

I've been meaning for some time to capture Evelyn singing "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" on film--she can almost get all the words now and she cracks me up every time.

Andrew also insisted on getting his share of the action (Grandma and Grandpa, this one's for you). (If you're pressed for time, skip to the end. We tried to save the best for last.)









No comments: