Monday, May 10, 2010

A Post-Mother's Day Thought

I stumbled across this today on the lds.org website--since I've been thinking quite a bit lately about my own role as mother and how to be a better mother (and woman), I found this inspiring and thought perhaps you might too: “I suggest that you … humbly ask the Lord what he would have you do and why you are uniquely suited to serve. Ask yourself questions like these: ‘What can I contribute?’ ‘Why was I chosen to be the mother of these children?’ ‘What can I do to strengthen the sisters in my ward?’ and so forth. We each have purpose and reason for being. Every sister has a thread to weave in the tapestry of time. Discover your thread and begin to weave” (Relief Society, the Possible Dream [address delivered by Sister Mary Ellen Smoot at the 1998 Brigham Young University women’s conference]). I especially liked the weaving metaphor--that together, we can create something glorious.

No comments: