Monday, December 14, 2009

You go, girl!

Evelyn managed to surprise us this morning. I saw her walking funny across the kitchen so I picked her up and asked her if she needed to go potty. Somewhat to my surprise, she nodded solemnly. So, I went downstairs and found Andrew's old training potty, wiped it off, set it on the bathroom floor upstairs, and set Evelyn down on it. I didn't really expect anything to happen, but she seemed happy to sit there, so I let her. And then, of course, she actually peed in the potty! (The only problem with this scenario was that she then refused to get *off* the potty and cried when I finally dragged her off).

I would be tempted to think this was just a fluke, except she did it again, about an hour later, and her diaper was still dry . . .

I'm not sure I'm ready for this!

Update: As of bedtime, Evelyn has sat on her potty 7 times, and actually went potty 5 times, and her diaper stayed dry from nap time until bedtime. It looks like my baby may actually be getting ready for potty-training. I just wasn't ready for this to happen so early (although apparently some children are ready at 18 months, and girls and second children tend to be ready faster than first-borns and boys).

3 comments:

BubOppy said...

A photo of the Potty Girl would be nice! Way to go, Sister.

Jocelin said...

Don't second guess this; bask in the wonderfulness of an easy-to-train child. Merry Christmas to you--go buy yourself something nice with new found diaper money. And may this be a harbinger of stress-free parenting to that adorable little girl.

Karrot Soup said...

Lucky you, great news! Though my first, and boy, was the only one who trained at 18 months...his next sibling (sister) was like 3 1/2. I guess we're just exceptions, and you're the rule. Enjoy.