Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall colors

I promised myself I'd update the blog decently once I got my huge project done--well, project was successfully finished yesterday, but I find that I've invested so much time into that project that I don't have much left to say. We're doing well, thank you for asking.

This morning before church we took advantage of our late church time (1 p.m.) to drive up Cedar Canyon. We didn't get as far as we'd like before we had to head back, but we had a beautiful drive and enjoyed the colors. They can't match what we saw when we lived in PA, but they were beautiful nonetheless.


We had dinner after church with Bubby and Poppy, during which time Andrew grew increasingly tired (and therefore increasingly wired and naughty). All we can say is we're grateful he goes to bed early on days like today. I made an Italian Prune Crisp out of some of the mounds of plums growing (and sadly, rotting) in our backyard. The plums themselves are just a little too tart for me, so I haven't been eating them--and neither has anyone else in our family. I found this recipe online and we made it up today--but even cutting up the 6 cups of prunes barely dented the pile I picked a few days ago (much less what's still on the tree). The crisp was good--a nice balance of the sweet topping and the tart plums. Even better with ice cream, of course!

1 comment:

Jocelin said...

Wish we were in Cedar to gather and enjoy some of your plums. Love them! Next time we're around, we'll definitely stop in to say hello. Your new home looks wonderful and I feel like I already know your adorable children. Cheers!