Here are some other facts you should know about Hammerhead sharks (I'm typing more or less verbatim what Andrew tells me):
They don't have dollies. They sleep by themselves (accompanied by a callous discarding of Andrew's beloved dolly. Although she's back now.)
Hammerhead sharks swim. And they jump. And they like to have lots of fun with their families. But sometimes their daddies say that everyone (the mommies and daddies and grandmas and grandpas) have to go away. And the hammerhead shark was sad. He was very sad.
Hammerhead sharks can't move when they're cold. So they walk into bedrooms and get a nice blanket (said as he drags his own blanket across the kitchen floor).
I love that Andrew talks about himself in third person! As a Hammerhead shark no less!
*I have to admit that part of what I found so funny about this conversation was remembering my freshman year at BYU, when someone had decided on a theme of "Cougars Don't Cut Corners" (i.e., living honestly). But unfortunately this lead to all kinds of clever riffs on the topic: when little chains were posted at the corners of the grassy areas to prevent trampling, some smart aleck went around and cut the corners off of all the signs. Someone else went to great trouble to print off pictures of real cougars, accompanied by slogans like, "Cougars don't go to class." "Cougars run through the forest naked." Etc.
1 comment:
He really does have a great imagination. I love the third person as a shark. I also had fun with the reminiscing. I remember some of the "cougars don't cut corners" (I was still in high school, so I wasn't on campus that much) but was sad that I missed the variations, especially the last one mentioned.
Post a Comment