Tuesday, December 30, 2008

language lessons

The language geek in me is continually fascinated by Andrew's increasingly sophisticated language aquisitions. Today he told me that he was "make sureing," a phrase that made me pause until I realized how perfectly logical it was . . . how was Andrew to know that "make" was the verb and "sure" the adjective? We use the whole phrase like a verb all the time. As in, I need to go make sure that Andrew isn't taking apart the room right now.

2 comments:

Topsy said...

I know that I got an English Degree at BYU too, but seriously, perhaps I left it there, somewhere in the track building where all the hot guys ran? Could you look for me while you are down there being brilliant and beautiful!?

Karrot Soup said...

This is unrelated, but I just sent out our year-end newsletter and apparently I don't have your correct email address anymore...can we figure out a way to connect? Do you still have mine so you could email me your address? Let me know!