Today, while I was on campus, my mom let Andrew help her wrap Christmas presents (I never knew my mom was so brave!). Then tonight, as I was getting Andrew ready for bed, he recounted to me the events of his day: wrapping presents was apparently one of the big highlights.
He told me, "Mommy, we wrapped some shoes for you and some chocolates for Daddy."
Since I knew about the shoes, this wasn't too big of a deal breaker. But I told him, "Andrew, you shouldn't tell people what you wrap in presents. It's supposed to be a surprise."
"But I didn't tell you what's in your present. I just told you the words."
I had to stifle a laugh. "Don't even tell the words, then."
"Okay. I'll just tell you the letters."
Needless to say, I don't think he quite gets the idea of Christmas surprises. Family, beware! (And don't let Andrew tell you what we're getting you . . .)
No comments:
Post a Comment