So, Evelyn's six month appointment can't compare in excitement with the arrival of a new cousin, Katharine Elise Collings (congrats Justin and Lia), but it was probably the second most exciting thing to happen today.
There's not much to report--she continues to be healthy and happy, although her growth curve has slowed down a bit. She's now 16 lbs 12 oz (67th percentile), and 26.25 inches (69th percentile), with a head circumference of 17.25 inches (85th percentile--yup, she's a Collings). For a preemie, that's not bad. I was just a little amused (although maybe I shouldn't have been) when the doctor told me that some recent studies have suggested that "late premature babies" (i.e. between 34-37 weeks) tend to have reading delays. I wasn't amused by that possibility, but by his grave suggestion that maybe we ought to read more with her (!). As if any child in our house can help but be surrounded by books. . . . Let's just say, I'm not too worried.
No comments:
Post a Comment