Those not technologically challenged (like me) in our readership will rejoice to see that I've finally figured out how to add a title to our blog. (It took me long enough! I finally realized it was a simple matter of answering "yes" instead of "no" to a question about the blog settings). I realize that I'm still woefully behind in updating the blog (not a mention yet of the craziness that was the Collings household during Christmas. No fears, I'll get there. But maybe not today).
Mostly, we wanted to interrupt this blog to provide a brief update on the life of Andrew. (Wait, how is that interrupting since that's essentially what this blog is? Don't ask silly questions). This has been a momentous week for Andrew. He was taken to the doctor's office on Monday for his twelve month booster shots--a process that made him scream with joy (well, scream anyway). The dotor said that he weighed in at a health 24 lbs 3 oz, is 31 inches tall (another inch and he will be half my height--frightening, although I'm not sure if it's more frightening that he's so tall or I'm so short), and has a head circumference of . . . something. The doctor had to retake the nurse's measurements, and I'm not sure whether the final was 47 or 49 cm--but large, anyway, like all the Collings clan.
More to the point, Andrew had his one year old photos taken this week. (This was, believe it or not, the reason I started writing today's blog). I think I already sent most interested parties a link with which to view his pictures, but in case I haven't, please click here. The pictures are--as usual--charming. Andrew was too, but he was also so wiggly I wasn't sure if he'd hold still long enough for any pictures. Most of the pictures, as it is, are action shots anyway (all of the standing photos are and most of the sitting ones--within milliseconds of the photo you see, Andrew was climbing over the photographer).
To inagurate the new year, and to follow up on some good intentions, I have this year joined the YMCA (partly because I need the exercise, but mostly because they offer free babysitting for members during their exercise period). So, Andrew has also been callously abandoned to strangers at least twice this week, but he, curiously enough, seems to enjoy it pretty well. It turns out that the YMCA also has some nice programs for kids--on Wednesdays and Fridays they convert one of their smaller gyms into a play area for kids to run around and provide slides and other indoor toys. This has provided a nice alternative outlet for Andrew's energy--I prefer it to having my cupboards slowly dismantled!
1 comment:
His one year old pictures were indeed very cute.
Post a Comment