We have very little to report this week, which is a mixed blessing. On the one hand, this means that our lives continue apace and we settle back into the routine that was disrupted by the holidays. On the other hand, we don't have much to say (which may also be a blessing for some!). We did formally receive callings in the Huntington branch: Dan is to work with the young men, and I am (despite my protests) to be the choir director--probably the most challenging calling I've faced so far, and that's including being the Relief Society president! I wasn't nearly as scared of that. Through the kindness of our friend Wendy, Dan and I were also able to enjoy an evening out this week, a respite from parenthood that was much appreciated!
In the absence of any real news, we're compensating by loading our blog with pictures of Andrew. That's what you really want, anyway, isn't it?






This last picture I call my "blue ewok." Because this one-piece outfit is blue and fuzzy and Andrew waddled around the house in it all day, he did look rather like an ewok, sans headpiece and furry face.
3 comments:
I decided I'd better PROVE I read your blog. He DOES look like an ewok! Does he also make some other-worldy noise demanding to know who bent his wookie? (I'm sure this is a high literary allusion, though I have no idea of its origins; Justin is always asking it of Eli and Julia).
What can be so hard about choir director? You pick a hymn and the choir sings it; what's so challenging about that? By the way, the choir director in Lia's home ward conducts with a Harry Potter wand, a Hogwarthian touch which I highly recommend.
In order to clear up the identity of the low to mid level of the non-literary allusion, it comes from the Simpsons. It comes from the second best Ralph Wiggum quote, "I bent my Wookiee!" The best quote from Ralph is during the Lord of the Flies episode when the children find some berries on the island. Ralph then chimes in "These berries taste like burning!"
Post a Comment