Today's most recent adventure involved me, Andrew, and a lot of poop. The older Andrew gets, the stronger he gets and the more adept at wriggling out of unpleasant situations (like diaper changes). Today, he managed to have a blow-out that went up the front, on both sides (never done that before), so while I was trying desperately to get his onesie off him without spreading the wealth, he was trying equally industriously to get away from me. I finally put both feet on his arms to keep him from going anywhere, which, of course, he hated. Once I got him wiped down, I relaxed my vigilance, with predictable results . . . Andrew promptly rolled away from me and, very proudly, pulled himself up on our overstuffed chair.

In other breaking news, I'm having a crisis of indecision. I never was any good at major decisions . . . like what to dress Andrew as for halloween. At first, I thought about dressing the three of us in some sort of theme--you know, Andrew as St. George (http://www.buycostumes.com/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=18579) with Dan and I as the dragon and princess (you can mentally assign each of us to whichever role you'd prefer). I also thought about dressing Andrew as Yoda (http://www.farmgoodsforkids.com/c4368-star-wars-yoda-infant-costume.html) and Dan and I could go as other Star Wars characters, letting me indulge (again) in my childhood dream of being princess Leia. This fantasy lasted until I realized how much it would cost to clothe all three of us in said costumes. At least we already have a dragon and princess costume! So I've given up on the group theme.
Now all we need to do is decide what to do with Andrew. (I realize that Halloween is still over a month away, but, as I'll most likely be ordering online--costume options are severely limited here--I've got to start early! Besides, I have to have something frivolous to do). And then I realized, what's the internet for if not to resolve my indecisive quandries (remember, we already told you it's all about us)? So, here are some other options, and you can weigh in (if you'd like) on your favorites: dinosaur (http://www.halloweenmart.com/wecs.php?store=halloweenmar&action=display&target=CH82007), Eeyore (or Bee-yore for Jakie, http://www.frankbeecostume.com/pleebo.html), rock star (http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?GEN9=1&T1=C+4+8630+S), or yet another dinosaur (http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=C+5+853+M).
1 comment:
I think you've already decided on the dinosaur with the two options you presented for that, and only one rock star. The rock star would be better if he could be a little bit bigger, and maybe do that bopping dance that kids love to do on command around age 2 or so. The first dinosaur with the massive head piece is amazing, and the green dinosaur thing is so cute because of the scales up the back. So you would just need to decide which one would suit his "mode of transportation" better. If he's walking everywhere, the green one, so everyone can see the cute scalies. If he's still in arms, then the head dress one. Tough choice though. I don't envy your position.
- amelia
Post a Comment