The perils of the internet are rapidly becoming clear to us as they tend to increase our consumer-like propensities. Take, for instance, the rock and bounce pony from a previous post. Internet purchase. To say nothing of all of the money we have personally contributed to that super-power of Internet consumption, Amazon.com. Our most recent foray into internet spending I can attribute solely to Dan (I suppose it must be because it makes shopping--an activity Dan otherwise avoids like the plague [except of course, for grocery shopping, which evokes fond childhood memories--he must not have hid from his parents in the warehouse like I did!]--so much easier. [How's this for an unnecessarily convoluted sentence?]). I think this latest purchase also illustrates how susceptible we are to a bit of clever marketing. What is this purchase, you ask? Well, I'm getting to that. (Introductions were never my strong point). On a recent foray into the web (specifically, to one of his favorite websites:
http://www.homestarrunner.com/), Dan found a baby trogdor (the burninator) onesie to complement the Trogdor hat his coworker, Mark gave to him. (Jared, you should think about getting Joshua one. Just think how cute he and Andrew would be in their matching Trogdor outfits. Not to mention the unspoken loyalty for all things Strongbad). This is Andrew, modelling his new shirt and his Dad's hat (which he tends to pull down over his face until he can't see anything. Sorry, Dan, for the snot he streaked across the inside of your hat!).

Andrew's other new discovery for the week is that perennial favorite of young boys (well, and not so young) everywhere: a ball, specifically, a volleyball. (Excuse me--I have to go rescue our son who has pulled himself up on one of the dining room chairs and is now stuck under the table). He hasn't figured out how to do much of anything with it--he bats at it, but not to any particular purpose, and it's too big to conveniently get his mouth around (although he has tried). Nonetheless, he seems thrilled by it.
. cdsa (This is Andrew's contribution to our blog. I'm not quite sure what it means--probably some kind of code for "I'm a queeker.")

No comments:
Post a Comment