Aside from high temperatures, we had fun this week. Lydia was in town for the ArtsFusion camp with Evelyn, so the cousins got to hang out in the mornings and go swimming 3 days this week at the pool behind Bubby's house. Oliver can swim pretty well with his flotation device, so I didn't even have to get in! (Though I was prepared to jump in if need be).
Andrew spent two days at the Cedar Mountain Science camp, and despite a hurt ankle, I think he had fun. He was especially proud of his team winning the shelter competition (the theme was survival).
Other highlights? I went to dinner with my writing group to celebrate one of my friend's birthday--we went to the Ninja, and apparently we go there often enough that one of the servers (same one from Oliver's birthday) not only knows me, but my friends Tasha and Helen as well. (Granted, some of that comes from our university affiliation too).
Friday evening we had dinner with Sarah and her two youngest kids at Bruno's, where my kids nearly got kicked out for misbehaving but calmed down considerably once they had food. (Hmm . . . )
Saturday morning they had a cute program at the end of ArtsFusion, where the kids displayed the art they had made and sung their songs. Sarah had to leave right after, and we spent the afternoon cleaning the house and then hanging out at the library.
We had Trisha over for dinner today, because Robert was out of town--he flew to Dallas to ordain Matt to be a high priest, after Matt came back from a 2 week backpacking adventure with the young men to find that they wanted to make him bishop. Which they did today. I'm sure he will do an excellent job, but I do feel bad about the timing (he still had his travel beard when they called him, and their baby isn't quite 2 months old!).
Speaking of callings, rumor has it that Dan might finally get released from his calling as Cub Master (5 years in). We're grateful he had the chance to serve, but sometimes change is nice.
Hoping everyone has a wonderful week! If you have a few spare prayers, send them toward the firefighters in our area.
No comments:
Post a Comment