Sunday, January 22, 2017

Getting Old(er)

 I've been slacking again! To be fair, Dan and I spent most of last weekend sick, and are just now digging out of that, so I'll blame not posting last week on that. Previously, however, I've no excuse.

On January 12th, I got to do a fun writing event with my writer's group, where we talked about tips on finishing a writing project. I really love these ladies.


Andrew participated in the First Lego league tournament last Saturday. His team worked hard and though they didn't place, I was proud of him for supporting his team. Poor Dan was one of the judges, and it was his second day of a long illness, so he was pretty much done by the time the tournament was over. (I heard Robert was also a judge, but had to recuse himself from part of the judging as soon as Andrew walked in the room with his team.)


Evelyn got her hair trimmed (don't ask me when. Ten days ago??). (By Laurie's cousin McCall!). She made all the older ladies in the salon laugh when McCall asked her if she was going to get her hair cut and she emphatically said she was getting it *trimmed.* She was very nervous that too much would get cut. (In reality, less than an inch).


Some goofy pictures of Evelyn and Oliver enjoying bubbles.



 My birthday was on Wednesday. For those who are counting, it was a big one. (I wasn't looking forward to it). And then I was still sick, so I spent most of the day in and out of bed. Andrew and Evelyn were home sick that day too, and Oliver didn't have preschool, so all together it was a pretty disappointing birthday. (Though having the big kids around meant I got some rest since Oliver was distracted).

I was feeling a little better the next day, so I got to have dinner at the Ninja with my writing group (though we skipped the typical after-dinner critique session b/c half of us were still recovering from something. It's been a bad week in Cedar for illness, apparently).

 Because we basically skipped all celebrations this past week (we were supposed to spend the night in St. George at the condo last Sunday and then go hiking in Zion on MLK day, but sickness meant we cancelled the trip), we headed down to St. George. We went to Costco and then the bookstore and Sees--because it was making up for my birthday and that's where I wanted to go. (Books and chocolate. Imagine that! Though strangely, the kids each walked away with a book and I came out empty handed.)

We stopped at a fun little cafe in Hurricane that I found from Google map reviews. Andrew's hamburger was almost as big as his face. Oliver and Evelyn both had waffles with whipped cream and seemed very happy with them. I had butternut squash ravioli that was quite good. 





Here's hoping for a productive (illness-free) week this week. 


No comments: