We spent last weekend up north for the 4th of July.
On Saturday, we hung out at my brother Jared's house, shamelessly using him for his pool (j/k we were invited). Lia brought her kids as well, and we enjoyed some great barbeque and some swimming. We topped this off with a trip through Ikea where, as always, we came away with stuff that we don't exactly need, but looked useful.
Sunday and Monday we spent hanging out at Sarah's house enjoying surprisingly mild weather in her back yard. On Monday, we watched her cute neighborhood parade before hanging out at Chick-fil-A enjoying their AC and waffle fries. Also frozen lemonade, which Oliver said he wanted and then repudiated when it finally arrived.
The rest of the week has sort of blurred together. Andrew has had swim practice every day; the kids have spent lots of time with friends. I had writer's group on Thursday. Dan took Andrew to a swim meet on Saturday in SG, and the littler kids and I went to the library.
We did download the new Pokemon Go app on Friday and the kids and I have logged 10+ kilometers since then. Honestly, it's been pretty fun: I love the feeling of community when you run across other people playing, the kids love it (their favorite free time game for some time has been to pretend to be Pokemon trainers, so this app just makes their fantasies a little more real), and I get to spend more time with the kids.
(Ask me again how I like it in a couple weeks when I have to battle my kids for my phone)
No comments:
Post a Comment