Most of you who follow this blog know why we haven't posted for two weeks: two Sundays ago, we were sitting in an airport in Chicago waiting for a connecting flight to take us to Munich, and then to Budapest. (I'm just paranoid enough that I don't like posting about big trips before or during the trips: why advertise that we're away?)
Last Sunday, we sat in a stake center in Tihany ter, in Budapest, listening to a stake conference mostly in Hungarian (the outgoing missionary couple and mission president spoke English and were translated).
In short, I dragged Dan on his first European vacation (not to be confused with the film of the same name). I told him last year that if my book ever sold, I wanted to go back to Hungary to visit some of the places in my novel. The book sold, we flew to Hungary. It was lovely and exhausting all at once. (When I get the pictures from Dan's iphone--because of course, I forgot the battery recharger for the camera--I will post more details).
We got back late Wednesday night; Thursday, I plunged into a 3-day writing conference. Thursday afternoon I led a critique session for five + hours; Friday and Saturday I spent 8+ hours in sessions learning more about writing. If you think I've now moved past exhaustion: you're right. Sometimes (just sometimes) I overestimate how much I can do. Jet lag didn't really hit until Friday afternoon, though.
In the meantime, Dan and the kids went to the aquarium and hung out with Sarah, so they weren't completely neglected.
Last night, we slept in our own bed for the first time in two weeks. It was heaven.
And this morning I got sustained as primary president.
My brain and heart are officially wrung dry. (That's my formal apology for this short post when we clearly have so much to tell: you'll have to wait till my wits have recovered).
1 comment:
Wow.
Post a Comment