Sunday, December 14, 2014

Recovering

So, just in case you didn't follow up on my semi-cryptic post from last week, I have a literary agent! Josh Adams from Adams literary and so far (a whole week in), it's been great.

In family news, life moves on. Dan and I survived finals week--his grades are done. Mine are . . . not. I suppose that's what I get by giving my students until the end of the week to submit their final. I had approximately one student submit early.

The kids continue to do what they do best: make life chaotic and wonderful at the same time. Evelyn was thrilled to go to a Lego Ninjago party this week for the little boy who's been crushing on her for the past two years (according to his mom). Andrew reads an astonishing number of books (at least one a day, most days), and Oliver continues to make messes faster than I can clean them up. This past week or so he discovered electrical outlets. He now knows how to turn on the Christmas tree lights. A couple of days ago, I was washing dishes and heard a horrific noise from the other room. I dashed in, to find that Oliver had swiped the hand-held mixer from the cupboard (sans beaters, thank goodness) and had plugged that into the wall. Yikes. Sometimes it amazes me that so many toddlers survive childhood.

Otherwise life is good. The kids have another week of school before Christmas. I finally put up outside lights--only one string, around the door--but it felt like a victory because a) Andrew has been asking for them forever and b) I don't think we've had outside lights up since we lived in Pennsylvania.

In other completely random news: this is my 667th post on this blog. Although I'm not normally superstitious, I'm glad I didn't see that last week was 666 until today.

No comments: