Sunday, June 08, 2014

summer redux

Things we did last week:

*got our first brag tags from the city's Unplugged program and signed up for summer reading at the library.

* rode bikes. Andrew especially has been roaming the neighborhood with a couple of neighbor boys.

*ate snowcones at the Tiki Shack.

*Andrew started summer swim team.

*Evelyn cried because she wanted to go play at a friend's house--and managed to make it over the next morning.

*Oliver learned that apes say "ooh ooh ah ah" and wolf pups say "awooh"--and demonstrated both while the sacrament was being passed.

*Andrew and Dan went to scout day camp where Dan discovered he's failed as a redneck parent since Andrew didn't know how to shoot a bow and arrow or fire a b-b gun.

*I went to the ward youth conference, which entailed being at the church at 4:45 a.m. I was impressed at how many of the youth showed up. Later, we went for a hike down a slot canyon--pretty, but one of the girls got heat stroke so I and  couple other leaders stayed with her instead of finishing the hike.

No comments: