I spent several hours working on the cake yesterday. I'm pretty pleased with it, seeing as how the decorations are all buttercream and I put the design together myself. The snowflakes are Wilton candy melts, done freehand with a frosting bag.
Evelyn had five friends come over for her party. We made and decorated crowns, colored Frozen pictures, put the carrot nose on Olaf, painted finger nails (while watching Frozen), and played freeze dance.
Do you want to build a snowman?
The girls also built (ate?) snowmen out of various sized marshmallows, toothpicks, and edible markers. The giant campfire marshmallows were a favorite.And of course, the girls ate lots of snacks--though oddly the most popular thing was *not* the cake, or the fancy hand-dipped pretzels, but the Doritos . . .
Last were the presents.
One of the girls' father runs a small home business making balloon animals, so she brought Evelyn a balloon wolf.
All in all, she was a very happy little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment