Sunday, September 26, 2010

Same old story

We don't have much to report on this week--you already got the most interesting part of our week in the videos I posted a couple days ago!

We (meaning mostly I) have been busy. I'm working on a project with a deadline next week--luckily Dan was kind enough to play interference with the kids yesterday so I got a substantial amount done. However, this wasn't the highlight of the week, that's for sure.

We had some friends over for dinner Thursday night (a family we knew back in PA--in fact, they inherited a lot of our baby stuff when we moved). It was fun to catch up with them.

Yesterday Andrew had another soccer game, after a nearly two-week break. Unfortunately, his coach couldn't make it and she called to ask me to substitute. (I know, right? That's the first thing you think of when you think of me: substitute soccer coach). At least Dan helped me with the warm-ups, and it turns out there's not a whole lot of know-how required to coach four year-olds. You just try to keep them pointed in the direction of the goal and shout lots of encouragement. It's a good thing we don't keep score, because I'm pretty sure that we got hammered yesterday. We only had four of our five players: Andrew, who's a bit of a ball-hog (if we're being totally honest), but at least he goes for the ball; another little boy who's also willing to run for the ball, but he's a little small; and two other boys who might as well be picking daisies for the interest they take in the action. And we were playing a team with at least three or four fairly aggressive players, so you can probably already envision the outcome. It wasn't pretty. But the kids had fun, and that's what counts, right?

No comments: