Saturday, June 05, 2010

Dinosaur days

This week has been about enjoying summer (or perhaps more accurately, about making it up to my kids for abandoning them for the weekend). Either way, we've enjoyed our selves.

Early in the week we went to a nearby park. In addition to playing and swinging, we got to enjoy the ducks--and ducklings. One mama duck had ten (!) ducklings, all tiny.

We also went to the dinosaur museum with cousins. I love the way that Emi poses so dramatically, Jacob with such silliness, but my own two kids are more or less oblivious (Andrew only sometimes looks at the camera; Evelyn is just happy to be with the big kids).



The museum has some wonderful interactive exhibits. The big boys loved the sand and water tables (meant to demonstrate the process of erosion in exposing dinosaur bones, although I doubt the kids got that). Emi, however, was nervous about climbing through the little passageway to access the water and sand; Enoch wasn't sure about it; and Evelyn, naturally, was way more interested in the hand dryer than anything else.


I don't remember the name of this prehistoric shark; I'm just glad they don't come that big anymore.







Friday we had a picnic in the park (after an indecisive morning spent on the phone with my sister trying to arrange next week's festivities--more on that next week). Dan came home from work early that day so he and I could make a much needed trip to the temple--we arrived only for me to realize that I'd left my recommend back home (and I mean home home, not my parents' house, where we're currently visiting). So instead we took the kids to a local outdoor pool. Andrew was in heaven; the rest of us were mostly just cold, although Evelyn seemed to enjoy it (her teeth-chattering notwithstanding).

And today we went north to celebrate Brielle's birthday (my niece). Unfortunately, we forgot to take pictures, but I can assure you that much fun was had by all, especially the people of the little variety. (Jared and Mitcee had an inflatable water slide that the kids particularly enjoyed).

Stay tuned for more adventures next week. (I'll just say this: we might in fact be crazy.)

No comments: