Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A few of my favorite things

Not to sound like an annoyingly doting mom or anything, but it seems to me like each new stage of Andrew's growth brings with it new delights. I wanted to record a few of them here--partly for the delectation of our hard-core readers, but mostly for my own sake, so that in a few months when Andrew has outgrown this stage I can still remember what he was doing! So, in no particular order, here are a few of my favorite things about Andrew.


*His persistent confusion of the preposition "up" and "down"--he consistently demands, "pick a down!" when he wants to be picked up.
*The funny little skip dance that he has taken to doing recently instead of walking. I think he thinks he's jumping.
*How he says "pockulator" for "popsicle."
*How he mimics almost everything we say, albeit not always accurately.
*The way he announces, when we go to get him out of his crib and ask where his binkie is, "I frowed it." (Yes, he still has his binkie, but, although he doesn't know this, only for a few more weeks).
*The way he announces, when he's doing something he's not supposed to, "Oh Andrew!" (I suppose that must be what I sound like when I find out what he's doing). I have to admit, this is really only cute in retrospect--it's not always cute at the time!
*The way he sometimes tells us what to do: sit there, come here, go away Daddy! (Again, this one is selectively funny and will probably become less so as he gets older!)
*The way he says, "Want hot chokate" (when he really wants some of the extra dark chocolate grandma keeps in the cupboard).
*The way, every time his Grandpa looks at him with a certain mock threatening look, Andrew pulls up his shirt to expose his belly for the implied tickling.
*The sad little Belle doll that Andrew has taken to carrying everywhere, and whose current rat nest of hair would make any Bob Marley wannabe jealous.

1 comment:

BubOppy said...

Our personal favorite is "pick-a-down". I smile every time he says it. I hope he never gets it straightened out!

Poppy