If Wednesday marked a low-point for our week (physically, mentally, emotionally), then yesterday (Saturday) marked a high point. Yesterday was stake temple day for the Altoona stake (in preparation for stake conference next Sunday), and so, after some debate, we decided to haul Andrew down to DC and go to the temple. I was a little hesitant about going at first (Andrew had been sick, we decided to go last minute--well, the night before--and for those of you who know me, I'm not exactly good at spontaneous things--and, to be perfectly honest, it meant that I would miss all those good Veteran's Day sales! Not, of course, that it wasn't worth the sacrifice). But we had a wonderful trip. Andrew did okay on the drive down (he cried a little when he wanted to sleep but couldn't), and Dan and I took turns staying with Andrew while the other went through the temple. The weather couldn't have been better--despite the fact that it was almost the middle of November, it was 70+ in DC, and sunny. (Thus, the pictures of Andrew in short sleeves). We had initially thought that, if there was time, we might go downtown and take Andrew to the zoo. And although the weather was perfect for that sort of thing, we finally decided that taking a nap-deprived baby to the zoo might not be the best experience for any of us. So we packed Andrew up in the car once more and headed back (he fell asleep shortly after leaving DC, so it's probably a good thing we didn't attempt the metro).


If Dan and I enjoyed the temple, the highlight (and lowlight) of Andrew's day was probably dinner at Bob Evans. (I know, glamorous, right? Well, neither of us had eaten lunch and it was almost 4:00 and so we were a little desperate. If only I'd known that there was a Cracker Barrell less than ten minutes down the road . . .). In part, he was excited to be out of the car. But he also got to eat some of our adult food, which thrilled him. He happily threw cheese and spoons on the floor, squacked cheerfully and waved his arms around. He liked the mashed potatoes and gravy; he liked the cooked carrots, he liked pretty much everything. But I think we overdid it. After a couple of ounces from his bottle, and a little bit of french silk pie, he promptly threw it all back up again (which, I think, traumatized his parents more than it did him). It's a good thing that I remembered to pack a change of clothes as well as pajamas--he'd already had a minor blow-out at the temple, and this necessitated a change out of his second change of clothes.
The drive back wasn't nearly as much fun. It was dark and pretty rainy and you could hardly see the roads in places (not to mention the fact that we had to drive down a stretch of highway that is one of the deadliest in the state). But we returned to tell the tale.
We also thought that we'd include a few pictures not just of Andrew but of Dan and I (just to remind some of you what we look like, particularly since all you ever get are pictures of Andrew).



3 comments:
Rosalyn that's cute how you talk about Andrew's "parents" being "traumatized"--as though there was something resembling parity between his mom and dad in their propensity to be tight-strung and panicky. I'm glad you made it to the temple (and after making an assiduous on-line search of the Veteran's Day sales in the Happy Valley area, I can assure you that you didn't miss much). Hope the little man's febrility abates.
- Justin
Az "Anya fiával" kompozíció
nagyon jó!
Marikának mindegyik kép
nagyon tetszik.
Post a Comment